1. General information
In general we recommend NVIDIA or AMD card for Artec Studio; exact videocard series depend on Artec Studio version that you use.
Information about Intel graphics cards compatibility can be found in p.6.
Artec Studio 11 and 12 support an NVIDIA or AMD card that meets the following requirements:
- Minimal: 1 GB of video memory. Recommended: 2 GB and more.
- NVIDIA GeForce should be not lower than 400 series. Recommended cards are of 760 series and higher.
- NVIDIA Quadro should be К4100М and higher (older Quadro cards like 1100M or 2100 M are not supported).
- NVIDIA Quadro M series (for example, M1000M and M3000M) were reported as working by Artec clients who use them on HP ZBook laptops of the following configurations).
- NVIDIA Quadro P series (for example, Quadro P2000) was reported working. Use this instruction to install the correct driver version.
Artec Studio 10 and 9 support an NVIDIA or AMD card that meets the following requirements:
- At least 1 GB of video memory
- NVIDIA GeForce should be 400 series or higher (older GeForce cards are not supported)
- Note that Quadro cards are not recommended for Artec Studio 9/10, though they may work after modifying the parameters in NVIDIA Control Panel (see below).
- In case you want to use a Quadro card, please modify the following parameters for the best possible performance.
- We usually recommend using high-performance equipment suitable for gaming (according to the benchmarks). NVIDIA GeForce cards are rated in series, with the last two digits denoting performance differences. This means that the 770 card is superior to the 960 card, even though the latter is a newer series.
2. NVIDIA 1080 GTX
NVIDIA 1080 GTX is supported both in Artec Studio version 22.214.171.124 (link to release notes) and in Artec Studio 12.
For Artec Studio 11 we recommend driver version starting from 372.54 for this card (Windows 10 x64). The latest tested drivers version is 375.95.
For Artec Studio 12 we recommend drivers version 378.78 (Windows 10 x64).
3. Intel + NVIDIA configuration (NVIDIA Optimus)
Some laptops use NVIDIA Optimus technology which allows Windows to switch between Intel and NVIDIA cards depending on the application you launch. In case you have a laptop with two video cards, please set the parameters in NVIDIA Control Panel as it is described in this article.
4. NVIDIA SLI / AMD CrossFire
We do not support these configurations, so if you have a machine with this hardware, we’d recommend disabling one of the cards (for example, in Windows Device Manager).
5. AMD FirePro M6100 Fire GL V
Please note that this video card is not supported.
6. Intel graphic cards
Artec Studio 11 and 12:
- Intel video cards of 4600 series and higher are supported (including real-time fusion scanning mode).
- Cards of older series are not supported.
- The Intel UHD 620 video card has been reported as working with Artec Studio 12 by our clients (including at the 15 FPS scanning speed in real-time fusion mode). However, due to its relatively low performance, Artec does not recommend using it.
Artec Studio 9 and 10:
- 3D scanning in regular mode (i.e. without real-time fusion) will work on Intel cards, however, an Intel video card will provide slower 3D rendering compared to an NVIDIA or AMD card.
- Texture mapping algorithm on Intel cards is not supported.
- 3D scanning in real-time fusion mode on Intel cards is not supported.
7. "Virtual" video cards
If Windows is installed on a virtual machine inside MacOS, the virtual machine will limit some functionality of the video card. As a result, the texture mapping algorithm and 3D scanning real-time fusion mode won't work.
Performance tests of various video cards
We test video cards when new NVIDIA/AMD drivers are released. All results are published in Artec Support Center.
The most recent test results for AMD FirePro cards and the full list of tested laptops can be found here and here respectively.
We are here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact our team by emailing email@example.com or by clicking on "Ask a question" button on the bottom part of the screen. We will always be happy to assist you and will get back to you as soon as we can.