Ruby Back-End Developer
We are looking for a middle or senior developer to join our team for an open-ended project focused on processing 3D data in the cloud. You will be working on cloud processing proper as well as data visualization algorithms.
Cloud processing: Cloud infrastructure is employed by several applications that Artec offers to its customers. The main challenge here is to ensure smooth processing of large volumes of data, considering that the size of a scan can reach 50 GB, which can make processing quite resource-intensive.
Data visualization: It is important to ensure that 3D datasets can be displayed, edited, etc. in the most efficient ways, and our web dev team works on these kinds of tasks in cooperation with other teams in the company. Data visualization is mainly the responsibility of front-end developers and R&D experts, while back-end developers are normally involved in preparing data and making necessary changes.
Our tech stack includes Rails 5, PostgreSQL, Redis, RMQ, AWS, Ansible, and Docker.
- Developing thorough app and database structures, encoding, unit/integration software testing.
- Creating secure web apps with user identification and role-based access control.
- Defining, evaluating, and optimizing web app development pipelines, as well as coding and maintenance processes.
- Updating the website, fixing and troubleshooting front-end bugs, streamlining the performance of the company’s apps.
- Optimizing code in accordance with best practices.
- Participating in code reviews.
- 2+ years of experience in Ruby.
- Background in complex IT systems and business solutions.
- Knowledge of design patterns.
- Experience with large Rails app scaling. Your expertise should include code optimization, caching, and the ability to effectively deal with bottlenecks.
- Competence in unit/integration software testing, code reviews, distributed version control, and automated quality assurance.
- Expertise in standardization, style guides, and boosting the efficiency of processes.
- Proficiency in relational databases outside of Rails. You should be capable of writing raw SQL queries.
- Experience building and integrating with RESTful JSON APIs.
- Solid grasp of Rails, MySQL/Postgres, MongoDB, Redis, Memcached, RSpec, Git etc.
- Knowledge of front-end technologies.
- Background in AWS (EC2, S3, Route 53, RDS, and ElasticCache).
- Knowledge of Ansible, SaltStack, Chef, and Puppet frameworks.
- Keeping abreast of current trends, best practices, and web standards.
- Solid understanding of web and networking protocols (TCP, DNS, SSH, and HTTP/HTTPS).
Culture and benefits:
- Competitive salary.
- Health insurance.
- Breakfast/lunch and snacks in the office.
- Work alongside a highly-qualified team.