Computer Vision Engineer (Embedded Devices)
Working in close cooperation with your team, you will be responsible for the selection of mathematical methods and the development of algorithms to restore the third coordinate from distorted pattern data. The pattern is projected onto an object with some parallax disparity relative to the observation point.
In addition to algorithms reconstructing the third coordinate, your tasks will include all necessary stages of image processing geared to improving the signal-to-noise ratio, the extraction of information about the position of the pattern’s key points in the projection, the decoding of the pattern, applicable mathematical methods and implementation of distortion correction, as well as the calibration and certification of an active 3D (structured-light) system.
The scope of work can be extended beyond single-frame restoration to multi-frame processing, including registration and fusion.
Desired skills and expertise:
- M.S. degree in Computer Sciences or Engineering with at least 2 years of experience in the industry, or a PhD degree in Computer Sciences or Engineering
- Strong mathematical background in computer vision, image processing, and 3D reconstruction (e.g. number theory, group theory, analytic geometry, projective geometry, etc.)
- Excellent C/C++ coding skills, hands-on knowledge of the Standard Template Library and Open Source libraries (e.g. Boost, PCL, Eigen, OpenCV, OpenMesh, or SuiteSparse)
- Fluent English is required for communicating in our international team, Russian will be a plus
- Publications on topics such as computer vision and 3D imaging
- Firsthand experience in 3D graphics and 3D processing algorithm development
- Hands-on knowledge of General Purpose GPU programming (e.g. OpenGL, OpenCL, CUDA)
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g. Git, SVN) and task-tracking systems (e.g. Jira, Redmine)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
What we offer:
- A comfortable office in Luxembourg with a fun, relaxed atmosphere conducive for working, bringing your ideas to life, and fulfilling your ambitions
- Official salary, medical insurance
- Flexible timetable
- Corporate collection of board games